Bowfishing Tournaments 2013
Backwater Bowfishing 2013 Tournament Series (At Backwater Outdoors Store in Gurley, AL)
Mar 2nd - 6 PM - 4 AM
April - No tournament (Muzzy Classic April 27th)
May 18th - 7 PM - 5 AM
June 22nd - 7 PM - 5 AM
July 27th - 7 PM - 5 AM
Aug - No Shoot (Possible Big Fish Challenge, date not yet set)
Sept 28th (Championship) - 7 PM - 6 AM
Be there one hour early to register!
Backwater Tournament Series Shoot Specific Rules:
1. Tournaments will be once a month starting in March 2013, with 4 total shoots and 1 championship shoot in September.
2. Entry fee will be $70 with $10 going towards a pot for the chamipionship shoot, 100% payback on all shoots.
3. Tournament format will be Big 5 (Five biggest fish) with a 1 grass carp limit (in the boat) for each regular tournament. Catfish not allowed.
4. Each tournament will leave and return from the Backwater Outdoors store in Gurley, AL, so obviously trailering is allowed.
5. You may trailer to any public boat ramp on any lake.
6. There will 2 classes for shooters: Open Class (includes airboats, fanboats, mud motors, kicker motors, jet drives) and Sportsman Class (includes trolling motors and push poles only). If there are not enough boats to split classes at a particular shoot, participants may vote to combine the shoot into one open class.
7. If you win two Sportsman Class tournaments, you must move up to Open Class. Once you move up in class, you can not move back down.
8. Each team will register a team name at their first attended shoot, shooter s for this team may vary throughout the year but you must use the same team name in order for us to keep track of attendance for the championship shoot. Teams will consist of up to three people. A fourth shooter will be allowed for a child age 12 or under.
9. Championship Shoot in September:
a) Each team must shoot all 4 of the regular shoots or 3 shoots and the Big Fish Challenge to attend the
championship in September.
b) Entry fee for the championship shoot will be $100 with 10% to big fish
c) Championship format will be Big 10 with a 1 grass carp limit in the boat
10. Glen Ledbetter will be this year's tournament director, please
contact him with any questions.
11. Weigh in will be at the Backwater Outdoors Store in the parking lot. Fish Disposal will be provided. If you have any gar you are not weighing, please get rid of them in advance if possible. At no time are any fish to touch the parking lot. We do not need fish slime on this parking lot period. If you drop a fish onto the parking lot, you will not be allowed to weigh this fish and you will be required to clean the mess up. We understand there will be a little mess unavoidably but we need to do everything we can to minimize this or it will be put to quick end, this is a place of business, not a boat ramp.